Inspections are done on Wednesday's between 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Certificate of Occupancy Inspections
Residential - $75.00
Apt / Multi-Family - $75.00
Commercial - $125.00
Please make check payable to: Borough of Atlantic Highlands
Certificate of Smoke Detector & Carbon Monoxide Alarm Inspections
Requests for CSDMAC received 10 or more business days prior to the inspection: $54.00
Requests for CSDMAC received 4 to 10 business days prior to the inspection: $90.00
Requests for CSDMAC received fewer than 4 days prior to the inspection: $161.00
Please make checks payable to: Borough of Atlantic Highlands
LEAD BASED PAINT INSPECTIONS
- Signed by Governor Murphy on July 22, 2021. The bill took effect on July 22, 2022 for 1 to 4 unit rental properties built before 1978
- Requires an inspection by the Municipality upon the Certificate of Occupancy Inspection on or after July 22, 2022.
- All rental properties that are meet the criteria within the municipality must be inspected prior to July 22, 2024. After the initial inspection, each property must be inspected once every three years, or upon any tenant turnover, whichever is sooner.
- A municipal Inspector shall perform a visual inspection and a wipe test to determine the presence of lead.
- If no danger is found, a Lead Safe Certificate will be issued along with the CO.
- The municipality will keep a record of all Certificates.
- A property owner, at any time, may present a certificate from a NJ Certified Lead Evaluation Contractor instead of the municipal inspection at their cost.
- If it is determined via a visual inspection or wipe test, a property owner may either remediate the situation via an abatement process, OR may apply interim controls and encapsulate the areas of concern, as per section 4.2.0 found in this link: https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/resources/pdfs/lead_based_paint_guide_rental_dwellings.pdf